Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I hate winter!

I finally have a free day with no big demands. It's grey and cold outside. Do you prefer "grey" or "gray". I go back and forth. I'm reading "The Agony and the Ecstasy" by Irving Stone. It is amazing! It's about Michelangelo. It shows what a genius he is, and also what a genius Irving Stone is. Both get that beauty and art are both gifts from God.
I'm in the middle of producing the 2009 Ultimate Wedding Planning Show. I don't want to do it. I've asked managment to hire another producer. The person they have asked is too afraid to do it, so I'm stuck. But I'm trying to stand strong. I don't need the work, and I really think the show could use a fresh approach.
I have lots of things I want to write about. See, this is the bottom line. I don't want to produce lame local specials anymore. They are so time consuming. What I really want to do is write books. That's why I'm writing here. To at least start the juices flowing. I don't really want to be so narcissistic as to think my daily trivial triflings are of any interest to anyone but myself, but I feel like I need to commit to writing. Plus, I did get a little jealous when I heard some ladies at church say they were reading each other's blogs! What? I'm the writer. Why don't I have a blog? I know it's small and immature of me. But what can I say. At least, I'm honest enough to say it.

I do think the things I do at work are taking time away from what I really should be doing. I have moments of inpsiration when I know exactly what I should write and then other times I think everything I have to say is just stupid. So at least I'm committing to writing SOMETHING!

Getting back to my title... Winter is not a good place for me. I like about two weeks of it. The two weeks right before Christmas, the first good snowstorm, a little snuggling up in front of the fire. BUT THAT's IT. It seems like a dead time of the year. Everything is so grey, gray and greay. It affects my mood and makes lack luster in all that I do. The only reason I have energy today is because I know I don't have to teach Seminary tomorrow. It's a day off for one of the school districts, so we have a day off tomorrow.

We have a little situation with one of our kids today, who when he/she returns home is about to find out he/she is so grounded for about ten years. I don't know how to handle these teenager issues. I feel like such a pushover sometimes. I know how to feel. I am disappointed by the behavior. But what can I say. I made huge mistakes in my youth and I figured it all out eventually. So what do I say?Do I just show love? Do I kick butt? I go between anger and sadness and disappointment to guilt about working. The list goes on and on. I have been reallyt trying not to work so much - hence tryng to get out of the Wedding Show, and I am most most days before the kids get home. So what else can I do. I push us all to have family home evening. I teach seminary. We've read the scriptures, we have family prayer every day. What else can I do?

No comments: